Pharmacy Administrative Residency: Applying to the Program
Applying to the Program
Applicants should submit through the standard Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS) application: a letter of intent for the residency program, a CV, and three (3) letters of recommendation. Please request from reference writers that they include a full letter of support within the reference form in PhORCAS as these are forwarded to the graduate school for admission.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to the PhORCAS portal page.
- If you have not created an account, select the Create New Account link and complete the account registration.
- From the PhORCAS portal page, log in and complete the application process.
All applicants must also upload the following as Supplemental Information within PhORCAS:
- Complete a letter of intent or "statement of purpose" for the Graduate Program. In this one- to two-page letter, state your reasons for pursuing graduate study, why you want to participate in the residency program, what your research interests are, and why you are prepared for a graduate level program.
- Complete an online University of Wisconsin graduate school admission application and load a copy of the application into PhORCAS. Bear in mind the following when completing the online application:
- 1A: First semester/year in which you wish to enroll should read Fall (yr): year in which you enroll; full time
- 1B: Select Pharmacy MS (call number MS 756 PHM) for Intended Major Field of Study
All applicants must also request and mail original transcripts from each higher education university attended to:
UW Hospital and Clinics Department of Pharmacy
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792