Nurse Residency Program (Post-Baccalaureate)
“I have been very happy with the residency program. It has relieved the great anxiety of coming from a theory-based BSN program.”
“I am a better nurse because of the residency program. I love my job and attribute that in part to this program.”
“I feel this position would have been overwhelming had I not had the residency program to help me.”
Applying to the Program
2017 Application Deadlines
- Winter 2017 Nurse Residency Program: Applications received after October 15, 2016, will be reviewed for admission based on continued program openings.
- Summer 2017 Nurse Residency Program: Applications received after December 1, 2016, will be reviewed for admission based on continued program openings.
How to Apply
The application process consists of a supplemental application packet, an online application with resume and a transcript.
Please follow these steps to apply:
Step 1: Supplemental Application Materials
Complete and save the following forms on your computer. This needs to be completed prior to the online application.
Note: Microsoft Word version (doc) recommended for applicants using a Mac computer
Please refer to the attached Unit Descriptions when completing the Supplemental Application.
Step 2: Online Application
Attach the Supplemental Application:
- Go to the UW Hospital and Clinics online job search
- Register, if you have not already created an account
- Attach the Supplemental Application and Transcripts in separate attachments in the same place it asks for your resume.
Step 3: References
If you are selected as a finalist for a Nurse Resident position, the next step will be checking references. At UW Hospital and Clinics, reference checking is completed online, utilizing a reference checking service called SkillSurvey.
- Human Resources Recruitment will notify you, either via phone or e-mail, that we would like to begin checking your references.
- An email will be sent to you from SkillSurvey that includes a link to their website.
- You will need to enter the e-mail addresses, including name, title, name of organization of four (4) references. Two (2) - three (3) references should be from clinical nursing faculty and one (1) - two (2) from either a clinical nurse manager, preceptor or supervisor of past/current employment. If unable to enter this information within 48 hours of receipt of the initial email, please contact Human Resources at (608) 263-6500.
- Each of your references will receive an e-mail from SkillSurvey directing them to complete a confidential online survey regarding your past clinical/work performance.
- To help expedite the process, Human Resources recommends that you contact your references in advance and encourage them to complete the on-line survey in a timely manner.
- You should monitor the progress being made by your references by accessing the SkillSurvey website. Please contact those individuals who have not yet completed the reference survey.
Completed references are a tool used to evaluate and select the best candidate. Job offers are not extended to any candidate without completed references.