Dr. Karen Kritsch, PhD, RD
Thank you for your interest in the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics Dietetic Internship. UW Hospital and Clinics is an acute care teaching institution, nationally recognized in many areas of medical care. Within this environment, dietetic interns apply their academic training, furthering their competency in:
- Clinical nutrition
- Food systems administration
- Community and Public Health
Your Future is Bright
The UWHC Dietetic Internship is ready to prepare incoming dietetic students for the demands of the profession and fosters best practice in nutrition education.
The UWHC Dietetic Internship will be changing to add online graduate level coursework in the form of the Capstone Certificate in Clinical Nutrition-Dietetic Internship with the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The first application cycle for this program will be in Spring 2015, for 12 interns. Please return to visit this webpage for more information as it becomes available.
The online Capstone Certificate in Clinical Nutrition (without the Dietetic Internship) is now available. It is designed for new graduates (prospective interns), current interns and experienced professionals seeking advanced clinical nutrition training. The Capstone Certificate in Clinical Nutrition may increase your chances of matching to competitive internship programs. The courses earn full graduate credit, which students may subsequently utilize in relevant graduate/professional degree programs at UW–Madison and other institutions.
The UWHC Dietetic Internship will not be participating in DICAS or Computer Matching in 2014 (Spring or Fall). The UWHC Dietetic Internship will be participating in DICAS and D&D Digital Computer Matching in Spring 2015 and coordinated with the Capstone Certificate in Clinical Nutrition-Dietetic Internship.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison's Capstone Certificate in Clinical Nutrition-Dietetic Internship, tentative timeline:
- February 15, 2015: DICAS deadline
- February 15, 2015: Deadline for Submitting Computer Matching Information Online
- Early April 2015: Notification and Applicant Appointment Day
- June 15, 2015: Program Begins
- June 15-August 7, 2015: UW-Madison Summer Session
- Advanced Clinical Nutrition: Critical Care and Nutrition Support (NS 650, 3 credits online)
- Advanced Clinical Nutrition: Pediatrics (NS 651, 3 credits online)
- Week of August 10, 2015: Orientation Week (Monday–Friday)
- August 10-May 20, 2015: Dietetic Internship (39 weeks):
- August 18-December 24, 2015: Nutrition and Dietetics I (NS 670, 3 credits)
- September 2-December 15, 2015: UW-Madison Fall Session
- Advanced Nutrition Counseling and Education (NS 652, 3 credits online)
- December 25, 2015-January 8, 2016: Break
- January 11, 2016-May 20, 2016: Nutrition and Dietetics II (NS 671, 3 credits)
- January 19-May 6, 2016: UW-Madison Spring Session
- Clinical Nutrition Research (NS 653, 3 credits online)
- May 20, 2016: Program Completion
- Application will be required to the UW-Madison Capstone Program in Clinical Nutrition-Dietetic Internship, DICAS and D&D Digital Computer Matching.
- Applicants admitted to the program will be UW-Madison students and thus, responsible for tuition costs of the program. Tuition is based on current graduate student tuition at UW-Madison.
- The GRE will be required for admission.
- Coursework is online. Supervisory practice is on site at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics and related program affiliate locations.