Dietetic Internship: Preceptors
Thank you for your willingness and interest to be a preceptor with the UW Health Dietetic Internship Program.
Quality precepting is the strength of the UW Health Dietetic Internship Program.
UW Health Dietetic Internship Program Preceptor Training. Learn about the program and expectations as a preceptor
Watch an Interview with a Preceptor. Learn from one of our Clinical Nutrition Preceptors
Precepting: What Do Interns Value In a Preceptor? Learn from the perspective of the intern
Interested in Precepting?
Preceptors are needed that will provide the dietetic intern with supervised practice of required experiences in medical nutrition therapy (MNT), food systems administration or community and public health nutrition.
- Review the links above to learn about the program and the role of preceptors.
- Review the Prospective Preceptor Letter (pdf)
- Fill out a Request to Precept Form (pdf) and return this to:
UW Hospital and Clinics
Department of Culinary and Clinical Nutrition
Attn: Karen Kritsch
600 Highland Ave, F4/120
Madison, WI 53792-1510
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The form will indicate where the intern will accomplish all required experiences and who will be providing those experiences.
- Precepting is tentative until an affiliation agreement is is completed and signed by the facility and UW Health.
- The experiences are planned according to a rotation schedule.