Applying to the Program
Application to the Dietetic Internship Program requires successful completion of The Academy's Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements and UW Hospital and Clinics employment requirements.
Interns are selected based on:
- Scholastic achievement
- Academic background
- Written and oral expression
- Work experience
- Professional activities
- Leadership abilities
- Professional References
In the past, the students selected typically have a graduate GPA greater than 3.0 and a minimum of 520 paid hours in clinical and food service experience.
Applicant must be either a citizen of the United States or be able to maintain work authorization throughout the fellowship. UW Hospital and Clinics does not offer visa sponsorship to candidates for the Dietetic Internship program.
- UWHC accepts Applications for the Spring and Fall match.
- Interested applicants should complete the online centralized internship application, DICAS. The Spring match application must be completed by February 15 and the Fall match must be completed by September 25.
- As part of the centralized application, candidates must complete a personal statement. Our program is interested in a statement describing research experience and proficiency with professional computer applications. You may include these topics within your personal essay.
- As part of the centralized application, ideally, two references should be from professors in food and nutrition, food service management, biochemistry or area of graduate work and one reference should be from a supervisor of work experience.
- Applicants to the UWHC Dietetic Internship Program must also submit a formal online employment application to our institution.
- Go to the UW Hospital and Clinics Online Job Search
- Click, "No, I am not currently a UW Hospital and Clinics employee."
- Search for the keywords "dietetic intern." Choose this job and follow the prompts.
Abigail Fischer, Clinical Nutrition Services
UWHC Dietetic Internship Program: Supplemental ApplicationUniversity of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
600 Highland Avenue F4/120
Madison, WI 53792-1510