- UW-Madison Capstone Program in Clinical Nutrition-Dietetic Internship by applying to be a special student
- DICAS, the Dietetic Internship Computerized Application System, by February 15, 2015.
- Ideally, two references should be from professors in food or nutrition, food service management, or science, and one reference should be from a supervisor of work experience.
- D&D Digital Computer Matching
- UW Hospital and Clinics Supplemental Application
- The Supplemental Application Form (pdf) and a $45 application processing fee (non-refundable) as a check or money order, made payable to UW Hospital and Clinics, should be sent to the following address by February 15:
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Abigail Fischer, Clinical Nutrition Services
Dietetic Internship Program: Supplemental Application
600 Highland Avenue, F4/120
Madison, WI 53792-1510
- UWHC. Submit a formal online employment application to our institution.
- Go to the UW Hospital and Clinics Online Job Search
- Select "No, I am not currently a UW Hospital and Clinics employee."
- Search for the keywords "dietetic intern." Choose this job and follow the prompts.
Application to the UW-Madison's Capstone Certificate-Dietetic Internship Program requires successful completion of The Academy's Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements and fulfillment of the application process noted above.
Interns are selected based on:
- Scholastic achievement
- Conceptual ability
- Written and oral expression
- Self-direction Preparation
- Work experience
- Professional activities
- Leadership abilities
- Professional References
- GRE scores (desired but not required at this time). It is ideal that the personal narrative reflects such abilities.
In the past, the students selected typically have a graduate GPA greater than 3.0 and paid work experience in clinical nutrition and/or food service experience.
Applicants must be either citizens of the United States or able to maintain work authorization throughout the internship. UW Hospital and Clinics does not offer visa sponsorship to candidates for the Dietetic Internship program.