- UW-Madison Capstone Program in Clinical Nutrition-Dietetic Internship by applying to be a special student
- DICAS, the Dietetic Internship Computerized Application System, by February 15, 2015.
- Ideally, two references should be from professors in food or nutrition, food service management, or science, and one reference should be from a supervisor of work experience.
- D&D Digital Computer Matching
- If you are matched with the UW Hospital and Clinics Dietetic Internship, you will then be invited to submit a formal online employment application to the organization.
Application to the UW-Madison's Capstone Certificate-Dietetic Internship Program requires successful completion of The Academy's Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements and fulfillment of the application process noted above.
Interns are selected based on:
- Scholastic achievement
- Conceptual ability
- Written and oral expression
- Work experience
- Professional activities
- Leadership abilities
- Professional references
- GRE scores (required)
It is ideal that the personal narrative reflects such abilities. In the past, the students selected typically have a graduate GPA greater than 3.0 and paid work experience in clinical nutrition and/or food service experience.
Applicants must be either citizens of the United States or able to maintain work authorization throughout the internship. UW Hospital and Clinics does not offer visa sponsorship to candidates for the Dietetic Internship program.