- UW-Madison Capstone Program in Clinical Nutrition-Dietetic Internship by applying to be a special student. Be sure to specify the Capstone Certificate in Clinical Nutrition and that it begins in the summer.
- DICAS, the Dietetic Internship Computerized Application System, by February 15, 2015.
- Ideally, two references should be from professors in food or nutrition, food service management, or science, and one reference should be from a supervisor of work experience.
An unofficial copy of your GRE report should be submitted with your DICAS application. Please, attach a PDF or scanned picture of your unofficial report as a supplemental attachment. This will be possible after the UW Health Dietetic Internship has been added to the list of programs that you are applying. This can be accomplished within the "Internship Program Designations" section of the application. Applicants are also requested to report their scores and percentiles within the "Tests" section of the application.
- D&D Digital Computer Matching
- If you are matched with the UW Health Dietetic Internship, you will then be invited to submit a formal online employment application to the organization. Also at this time, an official GRE report should be sent to:
UW Health Dietetic Internship Program
Attn: Cassie Vanderwall
600 Highland Ave, F4/120
Mail Code: 1510
Madison, WI 53792
UW Health Dietetic Internship positions not filled during first-round match will be selected from applications and interviews that were reviewed by the program with the first-round match. This means that students who have applied and interviewed during the first-round matching process but, did not match to any program during the first round, will be given priority for a second round selection.
- The program will reach out directly to any unmatched students who have previously applied to the program during the first round to begin the second-round selection. It is not necessary for students to contact the program to inquire about openings.
- New applications to the program from students who have not previously applied to the UW Health Dietetic Internship Program will be taken through DICAS if the program does not fill from first-round applications.
- New applicants should apply to the program through DICAS, and must meet the application requirements as stated above, including application to the UW-Madison Capstone Certificate Program in Clinical Nutrition-Dietetic Internship and reporting GRE test scores.
Application to the UW-Madison's Capstone Certificate-Dietetic Internship Program requires successful completion of The Academy's Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements and fulfillment of the application process noted above.
Interns are selected based on:
- Scholastic achievement
- Conceptual ability
- Written and oral expression
- Work experience
- Professional activities
- Leadership abilities
- Professional references
- GRE scores (required)
It is ideal that the personal narrative reflects such abilities. In the past, the students selected typically have a graduate GPA greater than 3.0 and paid work experience in clinical nutrition and/or food service experience.
All interns must meet the following core requirements before they formally begin the program:
- Official college transcripts with posted degree and completion of all DPD coursework
- Final verification statement from an ACEND-accredited DPD college
- Official GRE score report
- Completion of a formal online employment application to UW Hospitals and Clinics
- Completion of a physical exam at Employee Health Services with proof of titers (blood tests) showing immunity.
- Background Check
- Fingerprinting, may be required by various rotation sites
- Proof of health insurance. Tuition costs for the program do not include segregated fees. Therefore, access to university health services or healthcare access to UW Hospitals and Clinics is not provided. Interns are responsible for locating access to affordable healthcare based on their current insurance plan.
Applicants must be either citizens of the United States or able to maintain work authorization throughout the internship. UW Hospitals and Clinics does not offer visa sponsorship to candidates for the Dietetic Internship program.