UW Health Athletic Training Residency
Applications will be accepted until midnight, Friday, March 6, 2015.
Qualifications and Application Materials
The UW Health Athletic Training Residency Program prepares the athletic trainer to be a complete and versatile health care provider within the orthopedic clinic setting.
- State of Wisconsin Athletic Training licensure or application in process
- NATA-BOC certification
- Three to five years experience as an athletic trainer is preferred
- Bachelors degree required
- Masters degree preferred
- CPR/AED Certification
- Proficiency in database management (Microsoft Access and Excel applications) required
Qualified candidates for the Athletic Training Residency should submit a formal employment application located in the Careers section of this website. You can go directly to http://www.uwhealth.org/uwhcjobapp to (for new applicants) create a username and password, and search for the residency listing.
Application deadline: Midnight, Friday, March 6, 2015
When applying, please include:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Intent (including decision to pursue residency program and future career goals)
- Three professional letters of recommendation
Please submit these materials directly to:
Maria Kostichka, Program Director
UW Health Sports Medicine
621 Science Drive
Madison, WI 53711
You can also apply via the National Athletic Trainers' Association website.
Once applications are received, candidates will be contacted for a phone interview. Qualified candidates will then be selected for mandatory, on-site interviews in mid-April 2015 in Madison, Wis. Candidates will be responsible for all travel costs to and from Madison, Wis. All other accommodations will be provided by the UW Health Athletic Training Residency Program.
Final decisions will be made by the end of April and candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Stipend and Benefits
- The Athletic Training Resident will receive an annual stipend paid on a bi-weekly basis
- Program provides umbrella liability policy, continuing education funding, and funding for Orthopedic Tech Certification – OTC
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage including basic dental and vision
- Employee Reimbursement Account – pre-tax deductions made for reimbursement of approved medical and dependent care expenses
- Additional benefits include: Life Insurance, Tax Sheltered Annuity and Deferred Compensation
- Fourteen days of vacation/holiday time and five days of sick leave
- Full access to the University of Wisconsin recreation, education and cultural facilities.