UW Health Athletic Training Residency
Applications will be accepted until midnight, Friday, February 24, 2017.
Qualifications and Application Materials
The UW Health Athletic Training Residency Program prepares the athletic trainer to be a complete and versatile health care provider within the orthopedic clinic setting.
- State of Wisconsin Athletic Training licensure or (application in process)
- NATA-BOC certification
- NPI Number
- Two to five years of experience as an athletic trainer is preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- CPR/AED Certification
Qualified candidates for the Athletic Training Residency should submit a formal electronic employment application located in the Careers section of this website. You can go directly to http://www.uwhealth.org/uwhcjobapp to search for the athletic training residency listing. All new applicants will be required to create a username and password.
Application deadline: Midnight, Friday, February 24, 2017.
A complete application includes:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Intent (including decision to pursue residency program and future career goals)
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- Letters of recommendation should be addressed to Maria Kostichka and given to the candidate to upload.
- Upload your cover letter and letters of recommendation under the File Attachments section. This allows you to select multiple files to attach.
Once applications are received, candidates may be contacted for a phone interview. Qualified candidates will then be selected for mandatory, on-site interviews in April 2017 in Madison, Wisconsin. Candidates will be responsible for all travel costs to and from Madison. All other accommodations will be provided by the UW Health Athletic Training Residency Program.
Final decisions will be made by the end of April and candidates will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Stipend and Benefits
- The Athletic Training Resident will receive a $30,000 stipend
- Program provides an umbrella liability policy and funding for Orthopedic Tech Certification – OTC exam
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage including basic dental and vision
- Employee Reimbursement Account – pre-tax deductions made for reimbursement of approved medical and dependent care expenses
- Additional benefits (pdf)
- Fourteen days of vacation/holiday time and five days of sick leave
- Full access to the University of Wisconsin recreation, education and cultural facilities.
For more information, please contact UW Health Recruitment at (608) 263-6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.