Welcome to the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics GME Office. Following are updates and announcements for residents and fellows at UW Hospital and Clinics.
Congratulations to Art Walaszek, MD, for the ACGME Parker J. Palmer "Courage to Teach" Award
We're proud to announce that Art Walaszek, MD, program director in psychiatry, received the ACGME Parker J. Palmer "Courage to Teach" Award. This award honors program directors who find innovative ways to teach residents and to provide quality health care while remaining connected to the initial impulse to care for others in this environment. Dr. Walaszek will receive his award at the ACGME Annual Education Conference in National Harbor, Maryland in March 2014.
Congratulations to the 2011-12 PG1 Residents in Psychiatry, Neurology and Surgery as recipients of the GME QI Awards for program excellence in three areas pertaining to UW Health GME Quality Improvement:
- Greatest overall compliance on completion of the GME Patient Safety and Quality Curriculum and on the QI-Knowledge Assessment Test (QI-KAT)
- Highest aggregate score on QI-KAT
- Highest percentage completion of elective Institute for Healthcare Improvement Patient Safety and QI Open School Courses
Individual awards were granted to residents/fellows who performed in the top three on the QIKAT and who completed additional elective courses from the Institute for Healthcare Improvement Open School.
Recipients of individual awards:
- Daniel Barnett, MD, PhD (Radiation Oncology)
- Lise Go, MD (Pediatrics)
- Katherine Lee, MD (OB/GYN)
- Chase Petersen, MD (OB/GYN)
- Jason Rosenbaum, MD (Pathology)
2011-12 PG1 Residents from award-winning programs and individual award recipients receive a gift certificate to EVP Coffee.