Practitioner Hospital Data Bank (PHDB)
Graduate Medical Education Office
The University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics Graduate Medical Education Office uses the Practitioner Hospital Data Bank (PHDB) website to assist outside institutions with the verification of resident/fellow training dates.
As an institution, we can upload training dates pertaining to our past resident/fellows into the PHDB system and outside institutions are able to view and print training verifications.
To complete physician verification:
- UWHC-GME Office only verifies training dates for ACGME accredited residency and fellowships programs. The GME Office does not verify completion or competency information. To verify training dates only, follow the Steps to Perform a GME Verification
- To verify anything other than training, contact the specific residency or fellowship training program. Individual programs are listed under GME Programs. Select the individual program contact information to access contact information. View GME Programs
- Requests for verification of Family Medicine Residency Program can be requested by contacting the Family Medicine Program Office at (608) 263-6261.
- For verification of non-ACGME accredited fellowships please contact the medical school department most closely associated with the program. Departments, Institutes and Centers are listed under the UW School of Medicine and Public Health website.
- For medical staff verifications please select http://phdb.net.