How to do a GME Verification
Graduate Medical Education Office
The University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics Graduate Medical Education Office uses the Practitioner Hospital Data Bank (PHDB) website to assist outside institutions with the verification of resident/fellow training dates.
Institutions are able to view and print training verifications with UWHC letterhead, and signed by a GME Staff member.
To use the PHDB website in searching for a particular trainee/faculty you can use the following steps:
- Access the PHDB website, which is http://phdb.net
- If you are a registered user log in, you will be taken directly to the search page
- If you are not a registered user, click on button 1: "I am a new user to the PHDB"
- You will be taken to a page that allows you to choose an option that best describes your institution. (If Hospital or Medical/Surgical center is chosen you will be routed to a page that asks you to choose your state before you can create your account.)
- You will then be taken to a page that will allow you to create an account
- Once an account is created the next time you log in you will be taken directly to the search page
- Enter the resident/fellow's last name for the requested verification click search and all resident/fellows that match that last name will be listed (The training institution and state will also be listed)
- Select the one that matches the information that you have
- You are able to print a verification letter on University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics letterhead for a nominal fee
- If the resident/fellow is not found on the PHDB, please fax the verification request to (608) 263-9830, attn: GME office, or email your request to email@example.com