Graduate Medical Education Office
Welcome to the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics in Madison, Wisconsin.
The following information is intended for current UWHC residents. If you cannot find the information you are looking for, please contact the Graduate Medical Education Office.
- Benefits Summary (pdf)
- Long Term Disability (pdf)
- Health Insurance Application (pdf)
- Comprehensive Health, Supplemental Dental and Vision Benefits
- Request for Additional Benefit (pdf)
- Retirement Benefits and Savings Plans
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration
- Requirements: All Residents will be issued DEA registration upon full licensure. The GME Office will order the DEA after verifying full licensure on the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional website. Residents must maintain their DEA registration throughout their training at UWHC.
- Registration fees: The hospital will pay initial application and renewal fees to cover up until the last year of training at UWHC. Residents in their last year of training must pay the application or renewal fees for their DEA. Following receipt of the DEA, Residents may request a pro-rated reimbursement from the GME office.
- Lifesaving Certification Requirements
- Road to A Harrassment-Free Workplace
- Safety & Infection Control (annual)
- TB Test (annual)
- All UW Health faculty and staff are required to have a TB test upon hire and will be required to receive a TB skin test once every 12 months. If you have any questions about TB testing contact Employee Health Services at (608) 263-7535.
Confidential Complaint Hotline
To speak confidentially with a UWHC staff member not affiliated with GME about individual or program issues of concern to you, contact (608) 263-8013. Hotline staff are trained to forward your concern to an appropriate party that can help address the issue.
Complete and submit the Address Change Form to the GME Office, H4/831.
- Address Change Form (pdf)
Professional Development-Cultural Competence
Professional Development - Teaching
If you don't find the policy you are looking for, log into UConnect and search for GME Policies under the UWHC Policies archives.