Graduate Medical Education Office
Welcome to the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics in Madison, Wisconsin.
The following information is intended for current UW Hospitals and Clinics residents. If you cannot find the information you are looking for, please contact the Graduate Medical Education Office.
- Benefits Summary (pdf)
- Long Term Disability (pdf)
- Health Insurance Application (pdf)
- Comprehensive Health, Supplemental Dental and Vision Benefits
- Retirement Benefits and Savings Plans
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration
- Requirements: Residents may order their DEA upon receiving full licensure. Residents must maintain their DEA registration throughout their training at UW Hospitals and Clinics.
- Registration fees: The hospital will reimburse application and renewal fees to cover months of training at UW Hospitals and Clinics. Following receipt of the DEA, Residents will receive a pro-rated reimbursement from the GME office.
- Lifesaving Certification Requirements
- Road to A Harrassment-Free Workplace
- Safety & Infection Control (annual)
- TB Test (annual)
- All UW Health faculty and staff are required to have a TB test upon hire and will be required to receive a TB skin test once every 12 months. If you have any questions about TB testing contact Employee Health Services at (608) 263-7535.
Confidential Complaint Hotline
To speak confidentially with a UW Hospitals and Clinics staff member not affiliated with GME about individual or program issues of concern to you, contact (608) 263-8013. Hotline staff are trained to forward your concern to an appropriate party that can help address the issue.
Complete and submit the Address Change Form to the GME Office, H4/831.
- Address Change Form (pdf)
Professional Development-Cultural Competence
Professional Development - Teaching
If you don't find the policy you are looking for, log into UConnect and search for GME Policies under the UW Hospitals and Clinics Policies archives.