The UW Hospitals and Clinics Emergency Education Center does not offer Basic EMT courses. One must have a Basic EMT license in Wisconsin prior to starting Paramedic Training.
For more information on Initial Paramedic Training and Paramedic Refresher Courses, please contact Jodi Moyer. The UW Hospitals and Clinics Emergency Education Center paramedic training is a LOR program. Students are guaranteed the ability to take the National Registry exams.
The University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 US Highway 19 N., Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
To contact CoAEMSP:
8301 Lakeview Parkway Suite 111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088
Paramedic Refresher Course
- Dates: Saturdays, January 21, February 25 and March 18, 2017.
- Time: 8:30am-5:30pm.
- Location: UW Emergency Education Center, 610 N. Whitney Way, Suite 430, Madison.
- Cost: $185.
- Registration and questions: Contact Josh Erdman at email@example.com
More About the Parmedic Refresher Course
- 24 hours of course attendance is required, with an additional 24 hours of independent study.
- Assignments will be computer-based. Students must be comfortable using Microsoft Office.
- Payment must be received prior to confirmation in the refresher course.
Paramedic Training Scholarship for U.S. Veterans
The Emergency Education Center has established a scholarship for United States Veterans who have been accepted into our paramedic training program. The scholarship covers tuition for this full-time, nine-month course. Learn how to apply for the scholarship