Take our Critical Care Transport Refresher course survey and let us know about your continuing education needs.
The UW Hospitals and Clinics Emergency Education Center does not offer Basic EMT courses. One must have a Basic EMT license in Wisconsin prior to starting Paramedic Training.
For more information on Initial Paramedic Training and Paramedic Refresher Courses, please contact Nancy Robinson. The UW Hospitals and Clinics Emergency Education Center paramedic training is a LOR program. Students are guaranteed the ability to take the National Registry exams.
Paramedic Refresher Course
- Dates: Saturdays, January 21, February 25 and March 18, 2017.
- Time: 8:30am-5:30pm.
- Location: UW Emergency Education Center, 610 N. Whitney Way, Suite 430, Madison.
- Cost: $185.
- Registration and questions: Contact Nancy Robinson at email@example.com
More About the Parmedic Refresher Course
- 24 hours of course attendance is required, with an additional 24 hours of independent study.
- Assignments will be computer-based. Students must be comfortable using Microsoft Office.
- Payment must be received prior to confirmation in the refresher course.
2017 Critical Care Transport Course
- Dates: Wednesdays from February 15 through May 3
- Time: 8:30am–5:30pm
- Location: UW Emergency Education Center, 610 N. Whitney Way, Suite 430, Madison
- Cost: $1,000
- Registration: Please complete the application packet (pdf) and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fax the application and materials to (608) 265-4429 or mail them to:
UW Emergency Education Center
610 N. Whitney Way, Suite 430
Madison, WI 53705
Critical Care Pre-Course Requirements
- Currently practicing as a paramedic on an ALS service or a registered nurse in critical care/emergency setting.
- Minimum of three years of experience practicing as a paramedic on an ALS service or three years as a registered nurse in a critical care/emergency setting.
- Written letter of recommendation from service director or medical director.
For more information, contact Erick Przybylski.
Paramedic Training Scholarship for U.S. Veterans
The Emergency Education Center has established a scholarship for United States Veterans who have been accepted into our paramedic training program. The scholarship covers tuition for this full-time, nine-month course. Learn how to apply for the scholarship