- The instructor-led basic life support (BLS) course has been updated to meet the recommendations in the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC.
- The terms Recognition and Renewal are replaced by BLS course.
- The BLS course replaces the BLS for Healthcare Providers (BLS-HCP) and BLS for Prehospital Providers (BLS PHP).
- The AHA's video-based educational strategy now takes four hours to complete.
- The student to instructor ratio is now six students to one instructor.
CPR (Basic Life Support Course)
Heartsaver Automatic External Defibrillation (AED)
The Heartsaver Automatic External Defibrillation course can be offered in three separate courses - Adult CPR, Pediatric CPR, and AED - as well as Heartsaver First Aid. The Heartsaver CPR course is designed to teach CPR and relief of foreign-body airway obstruction to all lay rescuers.
The course includes warning signs of cardiovascular emergencies, signs of heart attack, cardiac arrest, stroke and choking. This course offers a CPR card with an expiration date of two years.