Radiologic Technology School Mission
UW Hospital and Clinics School of Radiologic Technology is dedicated to educating students in the art and science of medical radiography. Our mission is to instill the knowledge, behaviors, and values required of competent entry-level radiographers.
In fulfillment of our mission, students/graduates of the program will achieve the following goals:
- Learn and understand the concepts related to the practice of radiography and be able to apply them competently in the clinical setting.
- Communicate effectively in both the clinical and classroom settings.
- Develop critical thinking and problem solving skills and apply them in the clinical and classroom settings.
- Demonstrate professional development and growth through research assignments and exploration of alternate imaging modalities.
- The School will monitor assessment data indicating program effectiveness consistent with JRCERT Standards. These measures are:
- Employer satisfaction survey average of 3.5 on a 5.0 scale.
- Graduate survey/program evaluation average of 3.5 on a 5.0 scale.
- Program completion rate of > 80 percent.
- Job placement rate within 6 months of program completion that is > 75 percent.
- First attempt ARRT credentialing exam pass rate of > 90 percent.
The School's mission is achieved when the graduate has successfully completed and achieved all program goals and outcomes. The mission, goals and outcomes endorsed by UW Hospital and Clinics School of Radiologic Technology are evaluated annually. Members of the faculty, student body, radiology department, hospital administration, and the School of Radiologic Technology Advisory Committee participate in the evaluation process thereby serving as the program's communities of interest.
The mission of UW Hospital and Clinics School of Radiologic Technology complements the mission of its sponsoring institution, UW Health-UW Hospital and Clinics. The sponsor's fourfold mission to "advance health without compromise through":
- Social Responsibility
As a part of the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics community, UW Hospital and Clinics School of Radiologic Technology students participate in the achievement of the mission and goals for both the School of Radiologic Technology and its sponsoring institution: UW Health-University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics.