UW Health Pharmacy Technician Training Program
Phone: (608) 890-8057
Fax: (608) 263-9424
UW Hospital and Clinics
Attn: JoAnna Gollmer
Mail Code 9457
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
The UW Health Pharmacy Technician Training Program in Madison, Wisconsin, has been designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to be successful in your career as a pharmacy technician.
Our philosophy is to learn in a classroom environment, practice through simulated labs, and do in actual patient-centered pharmacies.
Important Program Information
- Recruitment timeline:
- October 28, 2016: Applications due
- November 2016: Interviews will be held
- December 2016: Official notification of acceptance
- January 2017: Class begins
- Our program is designed to teach our students everything they need know in order to be a skilled pharmacy technician.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 20% percent growth in the need for pharmacy technicians from 2012 to 2022.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age (or 17 with minimum requirements) and possess a high school diploma or equivalency certificate by completion of didactic/lab portion of the program.
- The training program, located in our pharmacy-specific training center, is an 18-week program, including didactic/classroom time, lab time and experiential training.
There are already multiple career paths and advancements to choose from, as the role of the pharmacist continue to evolve, it continues to create more opportunities for the advancement of the pharmacy technician.
What's it like to be a UW Health pharmacy technician?