Healing Gardens at UW Hospital and Clinics
(608) 263-5960Email Nancy
Make a Donation
Join us in making the healing gardens a reality. Donate today
Anyone who has been ill or injured understands the healing affects of nature.
Lush greenery, calming breezes, warm sunlight and the shifting sights and sounds of the natural world can restore health and vitality to people facing the stress of illness.
Green environments can help reduce anxiety and blood pressure, speed recovery from surgery, and help people cope with anxiety. They provide a welcome respite for hospitalized patients and families, as well as for those who strive to heal them.
Rooftop Healing Garden
The Rooftop Healing Garden at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics will serve as a place of relaxation, rejuvenation and meditation.
The garden will offer:
- A welcoming outdoor area for patients, families, friends and staff
- Carefully selected plants to stimulate sight, smell, taste, touch and sound
- Seating in shady and sunny areas
- Options for outdoor activity
- Beautiful views of nature and art for 45 patient rooms
Help Make the Garden a Reality
Join us in helping to nuture and grow this beautiful outdoor space for UW Hospital and Clinics patients and their families. Consider a donation in any amount. Donate today