Standing is better than sitting.Walking is better than standing.
- Use the stairs, up and down, instead of the elevator. Start with one flight of stairs and gradually build up to more.
- Sweep the floor, wash windows or vacuum the carpet briskly
- Take your children to the park and play with them. Don't sit on the bench and watch.
- Write physical activity "appointments" into your daily planner or computer schedule
- Take a walk after dinner instead of watching TV
- Park a few blocks from the office or store and walk the rest of the way
- Take an activity break. Get up, stretch and walk around
- Hide your remote control and get up to change channels on your TV
Need more motivation? Join Better U, a free women's program that helps you increase your physical activity and improve your eating habits.