UW Health Services
This recipe was created by UW Hospital and Clinics Executive Chef John Marks for the 2009 Go Red for Women Luncheon.
- 1 lb. salmon filets
- 6 cups spring mix greens
- 3 cups kale, thinly sliced
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1½ tbsp fig vinegar (or substitute your favorite vinegar)
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Combine vinegar, canola oil and salt and pepper (to taste). Whisk until emulsified.
2. Grill or bake the salmon at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, then chill.
3. Combine rest of ingredients in a bowl. Toss with vinaigrette.
4. Place salmon on top of salad greens and serve.
Per serving (with dressing)
Calories: 443Fat: 34 gm
Saturated Fat: 4 gmProtein: 25 gm
Cholesterol: 54 mgCarbohydrates: 10 gmFiber: 5 gm
Sodium: 93 mg