- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets, cut into nugget-sized squares
- 2 tablespoons salt-free all-purpose seasoning
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup flour, for dredging (2 tablespoons+ not used)
- 4 beaten egg whites, in a large bowl
- 4 cups panko bread crumbs, for breading (2.5 - 3 cups not used)
- Preheat oven to 475 °F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place the panko bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning and 1 tablespoon smoked paprika in a jumbo-sized food storage bag and set aside.
- Season the chicken breast pieces with 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning, 1 tablespoon smoked paprika, and ground black pepper, making sure to coat each piece well. Dredge the chicken pieces lightly in the flour and shake off any excess. Dip the floured pieces in egg white, then add them to the bag of seasoned bread crumbs. Seal the bag and shake vigorously to make sure that the nuggets remain separated.
- Place the nuggets on the foil-lined baking sheet. Spray them generously with cooking spray. Turn them over and spray them again.
- Bake the nuggets for 5 minutes, turn them over, spray them again, and bake for five more minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt.
Total Fat 1.5 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 49 mg
Sodium 173 mg
Carbohydrates 11 g
Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 23 g
This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Face The Fats program. Recipe copyright © 2007 by the American Heart Association. Look for other delicious recipes in American Heart Association cookbooks, available from booksellers everywhere.