State Group Life (SGL) Insurance
- There is no open enrollment for State Group Life (SGL) Insurance.
- You may apply for SGL at anytime throughout the year (your application will be subject to medical underwriting) by submitting an evidence of insurability application directly to ETF. Please contact Human Resources to obtain an underwriting application.
- LifeSuite Benefits: The State of Wisconsin offers employees with State Group Life Insurance coverage and their eligible immediate family members the following LifeSuite services. There is no need to enroll for these services. You are automatically eligible for them through your State Group Life Insurance coverage.
- Travel Assistance: 24-hour emergency travel assistance services for active employees and their eligible dependents when traveling 100 miles or more from home. For more information please see the Travel Assistance Brochure.
- Legal Services: Provides legal services to employees and eligible dependents for consultation on simple wills, estate planning documents and other legal issues. For more information please see the Legal Services Brochure.
- Beneficiary Financial Counseling: Receive objective and independent financial counseling at no cost to the employee or beneficiary. For more information please see the Beneficiary Financial Counseling Brochure.
- Legacy Planning Services: Provides online information designed to help individuals and families work through end-of-life issues. The site offers information about documenting instructions, making sure legal instruments are properly drafted, and information about funeral planning. For more information please see the Legacy Planning Services Brochure.
- There will be no change to the Employee or Spouse/Dependent premiums.
- Your premium is evaluated each year based on your current age and earnings from the previous year.
- The annual premium update occurs in March for April coverage.
- You will receive information from Human Resources regarding any change to your benefit or premium amount in March 2013.
- Beneficiaries: Please remember to keep your beneficiaries up-to-date. If you need to update your beneficiaries on file, please complete a Beneficiary Designation Form (pdf)
For more information on SGL, please refer to the Wisconsin Public Employers Group Life Insurance brochure (pdf) or ETF's website.