Benefits for Residents and Interns
Please review the below information for the 2013 benefit changes and enrollment opportunities. If you have questions, we encourage you to attend a Focus on Your Benefits session to speak directly with a member of the UW Hospital and Clinics Benefits Staff.
Important 2013 Benefit Changes
- Open Enrollments: October 8 – November 2, 2012
- Health Insurance
- The It's Your Choice period allows you the opportunity to enroll in health insurance, change your health plan or coverage level or add or remove dependents without restrictions.
- New in 2013:
- Pharmacy Benefits: A new Level 4 pharmacy benefit has been added for specialty medication. The formulary specialty medications have a $50 copay with a separate annual out of pocket limit of $1,000 per individual and $2,000 per family. The copay can be reduced to $15 if the formulary specialty medications are fulfilled through the preferred participating Diplomat Specialty Mail-Order Pharmacy.
- Prior Authorization Requirements: Prior authorizations will be required for low-back surgery and high-tech radiology tests such as MRI, PET and CT scans.
- Health Risk Assessments (HRA) and Biometric Screenings: Every health plan will be offering HRAs and biometric screenings to their members and providing incentives upon completion of one or both of these tools.
Unity Health Insurance
Not currently a Unity member? Here are just a few reasons to Choose Unity:
- You work hard every day to deliver world-class care to our patients. Don’t you deserve the same world-class care?
- Guaranteed access to UW Health’s 1,200 physicians and health care providers and 45 clinic locations without referrals
- Access to UW Hospital, which was ranked the number one hospital in Wisconsin by U.S. News and World Report
- Market-leading wellness programs. Earn up to $150 per adult member in addition to $200 per household for participating in wellness activities.
- The Choice is Easy. Choose Unity. Learn more at chooseunityhealth.com.
For more information, please review the comprehensive benefits detailed below: