Employee Reimbursement Accounts (ERA or "Flexible Spending Accounts")
You need to newly enroll each year if you want to participate in this plan.
Open Enrollment: October 8–November 2, 2012
- The ERA accounts allow you to set aside pre-tax income to pay for eligible medical expenses not covered by insurance and/or eligible dependent care costs.
- Maximum annual contribution limits are $5,000 for dependent care and $2,500 for medical expenses. Please note the annual maximum for medical accounts is decreasing from $7,500 to $2,500 in 2013. Please note the annual maximum for medical accounts is decreasing from $7,500 to $2,500 in 2013.
- Plan Carefully: Your election is irrevocable after your coverage starts unless you have a qualifying change in status event. Any unused funds from the plan year that are not used for expenses incurred by March 15 of the following year will be forfeited. Unused funds cannot be returned to you.
10 Percent Health Insurance Coinsurance
You can use your pre-tax ERA Medical Reimbursement account funds to pay for the 10 percent patient responsibility (out-of-pocket maximum of $500 per individual and $1,000 per family coverage) for our HMO/PPO health insurance plans.
WageWorks Debit Cards
- If you participated in the Medical Reimbursement program in 2012, you received a WageWorks Health Care debit card. If you are enrolling in Medical Reimbursement again in 2013, do not discard your WageWorks card(s). You will not receive a new WageWorks card again this year. Instead, your current WageWorks card(s) will be reloaded with your 2013 election amount. If you no longer have your card, contact WageWorks at 1-855-428-0446 for a replacement card.
- If you newly enroll in the Medical Reimbursement account for 2013, you will receive one debit card so that you may pay for your eligible medical expenses with no out-of-pocket cost. If you should need additional cards for your dependents, you may order more via the customer service line at 1-855-428-0446 (toll free).
- Please note the WageWorks cards cannot be used for dependent care.
To enroll, visit www.wageworks.com online or call 1-855-428-0446 (toll free). If you have trouble enrolling online, contact WageWorks customer service at 1-855-428-0446 for assistance. There are no paper enrollment forms.
Go Mobile! WageWorks has created a new mobile site and EZ Receipts mobile application so that you can access your accounts and submit claims right from your phone!
If you are enrolled in the ERA for 2012, you have until March 15, 2013 to incur expenses and until April 15, 2013 to submit your claims to WageWorks.
For more information on the ERA benefit, please see the 2013 ERA Enrollment Booklet and other information available on ETF's website.