Laser (Refractive) Eye Surgery: Laser In Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK)
For more information about our free seminars or to schedule an eye exam, call (608) 265-2020.
TLC Wisconsin Laser Center
2418 Crossroads Drive, Suite 1900
- Laser In Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) involves the use of a special instrument to raise a flap of corneal tissue. The excimer laser is then used to remove a thin layer of cornea underneath to treat nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
- IntraLASIK is the first blade-free laser technology using a laser to make a safer, more precise corneal flap during LASIK surgery.
- Custom LASIK uses a wavefront analyzer to guide the treatment of additional imperfections in the optical system of the eye called higher order optical aberrations. This customized treatment can reduce the risk of glare, halos around lights or ghost images, and deliver better results than current conventional treatment.
PRK offers patients an excellent option to achieve their desired vision correction but recovery of vision is delayed until the surface layer of the cornea heals. Your doctor may recommend separating the treatment of each eye by one week.
- Procedure fees ($610 per eye): The fee for each refractive surgery procedure covers the surgeon's fee, some eye medications for the first three weeks and materials needed during surgery and enhancements needed within one year of initial surgery.
- Pre-operative and follow-up fee ($390 per eye): Your pre-operative and follow-up care may be performed by a UW Health eye doctor or by your family eye doctor if pre-operative arrangements are made. Services usually include an initial eye examination, corneal topography, some eye medications for the first three weeks and follow-up visits over a 12-month period.
- Facility fee ($1,100 per eye): The facility fee is for use of the laser at TLC.
Wellness and Specialty Care Financing at UW Credit Union
UW Credit Union offers affordable financing for PRK and LASIK procedures for up to 84 months with no application fees or prepayment penalties. Call (800) 533-6773, extension 2960, to learn more.