Aquatic Center Rules and Warm Water Pool Etiquette
At the UW Health Sports Medicine Aquatic Center, we take pride in providing a safe, clean, and well-supervised pool facility for all of our pool users. When using our facility, please keep the following rules and guidelines in mind.
Aquatic Center Rules
- Do not enter the pool if you have a communicable disease or open cut.
- Do not bring food, drink, gum or tobacco into the pool.
- Shower before entering the pool and after use of toilet facilities.
- Do not run or engage in rough play in the pool area.
- Do not bring animals into the pool area.
- Diaper changing on the pool deck is prohibited.
- Glass and shatterable items are prohibited in the pool area.
- Swim diapers are required for all non-toilet trained children.
- No diving in warm water/rehab pool.
- Diving only allowed in designated area of lap pool.
- Maximum capacity is 60 patrons when one lifeguard is on duty.
- The Aquatic Staff have final authority regarding safety policies and rules.
Warm Water Pool Etiquette
- Please walk on the pool deck and ramps.
- Enter and exit using the designated ramp, lift or ladders only.
- Do not block ramp, lift, ladders or walkways with equipment, personal items or yourself.
- The following activities are prohibited for safety reasons:
- Lap swimming
- Submersion of the face
- Use of kickboards and training fins
- Pulling or standing on ladders, railings or bars
- Users are responsible for bringing equipment poolside and returning equipment to its proper location.
- Only registered class participants may use the warm water pool during class times.
- This is a shared space for multiple uses. Please be mindful of other people's needs.
- Please be courteous and responsive to Aquatic Center staff.
- If assistance is needed, please speak with the lifeguard.
Thank you for your cooperation.