The tenth annual Sharing the Knowledge conference is designed for breast cancer survivors, spouses, family members, caregivers, nurses, mammography staff and anyone else interested in learning news about breast cancer.
The cost of the conference is $55. The fee for health professionals receiving contact hours is $75. Conference fees include light continental breakfast, lunch, conference materials and applicable contact hours.
2009 Conference Agenda includes:
- A.M. Keynote: Everything Changes: Perspectives on life after cancer, Kairol Rosenthal
- P.M. Keynote: In Sickness and in Health: A Survivor's Stories, Laughter, Tears and Hope, Bobbi De Cordova-Hanks
- Closing Keynote: Update on Breast Cancer Research, Dr. H. Ian Robins, University of Wisconsin Madison School of Medicine and Public Health
- Acupressure fundamentals, Kairol Rosenthal
- Navigating employment and legal concerns after cancer Rodney Warner, Esq, The Legal Clinic for the Disabled and The Livestrong Foundation
- Pain Management: Understanding types of pain and treatments Kate Ford Roberts, UW Health
- You have cancer, but don't stress! Understanding your cognitive style and how it functions under stress Donna Van Bogaert, VanBogaert and Associates
- Healing and Coping for Caregivers, Bobbi De Cordova-Hanks
- Feldenkrais Method: Using movement, touch and imagery to alleviate pain, stress and anxiety, Hagit Vardi, Integrative Medicine Clinic, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics