Breast Care Services at 1 South Park
Our clinic is certified by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), recognizing its exemplary care and service to patients.
The accreditation is only granted to centers which voluntarily commit to providing the highest level of breast care and which have undergone a rigorous evaluation process and performance review. Centers must demonstrate compliance with NAPBC standards, which include proficiency in center leadership, clinical management, research, community outreach, professional education and quality improvement.
According to the NAPBC, center accreditation ensures patients will have access to:
- Comprehensive care, including a full range of state-of-the-art services
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- Quality breast care close to home
Breast care nurse Beth Sommerfeldt (RN, BSN, CBPN-C) is certified by the National Consortium of Breast Centers as a Breast Patient Navigator through the entire continuum of breast care: Screening, diagnosing and treating breast health conditions. This certification is designed to recognize those people with the knowledge and expertise to assist patients through the complex processes of diagnosis.
- Scheduling all breast procedures and appointments
- Answering questions
- Listening to concerns
- Helping with referrals
- Advocating on your behalf
- Providing educational materials
- Referring patients to support groups
- Assisting with referrals to help with financial concerns
- Pathology reports are returned within 48 hours
- Before patients leave the clinic, they will have a clear plan for moving forward, any additional appointments will be scheduled and they will know exactly what they need to do next.