Breast Care Services at 1 South Park
Breast care nurse Beth Sommerfeldt (RN, BSN, CBPN-C) is certified by the National Consortium of Breast Centers as a Breast Patient Navigator through the entire continuum of breast care: Screening, diagnosing and treating breast health conditions. This certification is designed to recognize those people with the knowledge and expertise to assist patients through the complex processes of diagnosis. She is the only Certified Breast Patient Navigator in Dane County.
- Scheduling all breast procedures and appointments
- Answering questions
- Listening to concerns
- Helping with referrals
- Advocating on your behalf
- Providing educational materials
- Referring patients to support groups
- Assisting with referrals to help with financial concerns
- Pathology reports are returned within 48 hours
- Before patients leave the clinic, they will have a clear plan for moving forward, any additional appointments will be scheduled and they will know exactly what they need to do next.