Brain and Central Nervous System Tumors Conditions and Treatments
The UW Health brain tumor program in Madison, Wisconsin, consists of a multidisciplinary team of neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, medical neuro-oncologists, neuroradiologists, neuropathologists, neuro-otologists, pediatric neurologists, pediatric neuro-oncologists and pediatric neurosurgeons.
Our team provides treatment for patients with brain and central nervous system tumors and works in concert with the UW Carbone Cancer Center. We see more than 1,200 brain tumor patients annually with common as well as rare brain cancers.
Brain Cancer Types
- Brain and spinal metastatic cancer
- Brainstem glioma
- CNS lymphoma
- Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM)
Benign Tumor Types
- Complex skull base surgery
- Minimally-invasive endoscopic surgery
- Stereotactic tumor biopsy
- Trans-sphenoidal craniotomy
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IMRT, FSRT)
- Stereotactic radiosurgery