UW Health Blood and Bone Marrow Transplant Program
(608) 265-1700 (clinic)
The UW Health Blood and Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) program is a multidisciplinary team of transplant professionals, working together toward the goal of providing the best possible outcomes for our patients.
For more than 30 years, we have provided innovative and compassionate care to blood and bone marrow transplant patients.
- Our board certified physicians are experts in blood and marrow transplant clinical care and research. We provide evidence-based care in conjunction with the faculty of the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and the UW Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Our program is accredited by the Foundation for Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT). FACT accreditation ensures patients, medical professionals, health insurance companies and the government that our program exceeds standards in patient care and laboratory practices. We were among the first transplant centers world wide to achieve accreditation in 1999.
- We have been rated as a high-performing transplant center in unrelated donor transplantation by the National Marrow Donor Program.
- Our program is consistently awarded Center of Excellence designation by major transplant networks based on our facilities, performance and patient outcomes. This allows us to accept most insurance and assistance plans. Our transplant coordinators help patients work with their insurers to determine coverage for transplant.
- Our multidisciplinary team approach to care supports and guides patients and families through each step of the transplant process from diagnosis to recovery.
- Located in Madison, Wisconsin, we are centrally and conveniently located between the larger cities of Chicago, Milwaukee and Minneapolis.