UW Health 2008 Annual Report: Serving Our Research Community
UW Health pursues a fourfold mission of patient care, research, education and community service. In this report, you will see the faces and read the stories of patients, families and staff in all these communities. If you are a friend of UW Health, we are proud to present this record of our year for 2008, and if you are learning about us for the first time, we welcome you to the communities we serve.
Read the stories below to learn more about how we serve our research community.
Otolaryngologist Samuel Gubbels, MD is one step closer to realizing a dream: treating patients who have lost their hearing by regenerating the damaged inner-ear cells that are at the heart of hearing. Read more
The University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health made significant changes to the year one and year two curriculum and continued enhancements to the clinical years. Read more
the Wisconsin Partnership Program is committing up to $10 million in a long-term effort to improve the chances for Wisconsin's African American newborns. Read more
- A Sweet Alternative: Topical Honey Shows Promise in Healing Diabetic Ulcers
- Innovate and Collaborate: The Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research
- New Technology Allows Minimally-invasive Procedures for Lung Cancer
- New Wisconsin Study Documents Severity of Sleep Apnea Risk
- Statewide Initiative Sets Personalized Medicine as Goal