UW Health anesthesiologist physicians offer a wide spectrum of patient care, with specific focus on providing perioperative, critical care and pain management services. Anesthesiologists, clinical anesthetists and technicians work as a team during surgical and diagnostic procedures in the operating room suite and other locations at UW Hospital.
Sedation, regional anesthesia, analgesia and general anesthesia are used to provide patients with a satisfying experience during procedures performed by dentists, surgeons and other physicians. State-of-the-art anesthesia and monitoring devices provide the safest experience possible.
- Preoperative assessment and testing
- Sedation, regional anesthesia, analgesia and general anesthesia
- Invasive hemodynamic monitoring
- Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiographic monitoring
- Intraoperative somatosensory evoked potential neurologic monitoring
- Elective and emergency airway management
- Perioperative peripheral and neuraxial nerve blocks for pain management
- Perioperative vascular access