Naturopathic Medicine Services
Appointments are scheduled and take place at Research Park Clinic.
First, do no harm.
Work with the healing power of nature.
Treat the cause.
Treat the whole person.
The doctor acts as teacher.
Naturopathic doctors spend extended time with each patient in order to teach the patient more about self-care, as well as ways of preventing chronic diseases.
Therapies included in naturopathic medicine are:
- Nutritional counseling, including dietary assessment and directing dietary changes toward whole foods nutrition
- Therapeutic nutrition, including vitamins, minerals, and other dietary supplements
- Herbal medicine, including the use of teas, tinctures, encapsulated herbs, essential oils, and gemmotherapy
- Homeopathy, including constitutional homeopathy, acute treatment, and biotherapeutic drainage
- Environmental medicine, including assessment of toxicity in the body, along with cleansing and detoxification programs
- Lifestyle counseling, addressing physical, mental, and emotional issues in daily life, including stress management
- Physical medicine, therapies to address musculoskeletal pain, including manipulation of bone and soft tissue, craniosacral, and visceral manipulation
What to Expect During a Naturopathic Visit
The initial visit will usually entail an in-depth medical history, covering mental, emotional, and physical aspects of the patient, as well as pertinent physical exam.
Some examples of conditions that naturopathic medicine can address:
- Digestive disorders, such as irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, gas, heartburn/GERD, gastric and duodenal ulcers
- Viral, bacterial and fungal infections, acute and chronic
- Respiratory problems, including asthma, allergies, acute and recurrent bronchitis, emphysema
- Eyes, Ears, Nose, Throat problems, including colds, flu, acute and recurrent ear infections, nasal congestion, tonsillitis, sore throats, headaches, sinusitis, styes, conjunctivitis
- Dermatological conditions, including rashes, hives, eczema, psoriasis, impetigo, fungal infections, blephritis
- Sleep disorders
- Cardiovascular and peripheral vascular issues, such as prevention of heart disease, hypertension, cholesterolemia, carotid artery disease, ischemic heart disease, post-MI support, post-stroke support
- Female and male reproductive conditions, such as painful menstruation, PMS, endometriosis, PCOS, fertility issues, menopause, prostate issues, hormone imbalances (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone)
- Endocrine imbalances including thyroid disorders, adrenal imbalances, hypoglycemia, insulin resistance, diabetes, migraine headaches
- Metabolic disorders, including CFS
- Genitourinary issues, such as urinary tract infections, acute and chronic, urinary incontinence, bedwetting in children, prostate problems
- Musculoskeletal complaints, such as osteoporosis, arthritis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, sprains, strains, post-fracture healing
- Mood disorders, including depression, anxiety, OCD
- Neurological disorders, including ADD/ ADHD, autism, dementia, memory loss
- Pregnancy support, preconception support, health issues during pregnancy, post-partum support
To schedule a Naturopthic consultation appointment, call (608) 262-9355, or make an appointment in person at the UW Health Research Park Clinic reception desk.
The fee for an initial consultation is $185, and follow-up visits are $110. Payment at the time of the treatment is required. We accept cash, checks or Visa and MasterCard. Gift certificates are also available.