The retreats are guided by the staff of UW Health Mindfulness and Integrative Medicine Programs. Participants have an opportunity for personal time, open discussions, time in nature and guided group experiences, which may include:
The Retreat Experience
Retreats are designed as a respite, an opportunity to slow down, calm, and ease back into a whole and full experience of life, this moment, right now, just as it is. Typical retreats last a weekend, however length of time will vary depending on the retreat.
Fees vary based on length of retreat, location, and guest speaker.
Locations have included but are not limited to:
- Christine Center in Willard, Wis. Located in central Wisconsin between Eau Claire and Marshfield (about 2 ½ hours from Madison and 4 hours from Milwaukee
- Sinsinawa Mound Center, outside of Dubuque, Iowa
- Holy Wisdom Monastery in Middleton, Wis.
No events are currently scheduled in this category. View all UW Health events.
Recognizing and Living Steps Toward Healing and Wholeness (Oct. 24-26, 2014)
The following retreats were held at the Christine Center:
- Experiencing One's Center: Maintaining Balance Throughout Times of Uncertainty
- Give Yourself a Restorative Retreat Before the Holiday Rush
- Give Yourself a Restorative Retreat - Rest, Relax, Reconnect
The following retreats were held at the Sinsinawa Mound Center:
- Living a More Contemplative Way of Life. Guest Speaker: James Finley, PhD, Psychologist
- The Contemplative Way: Trauma and Transcendence, Exploring Contemplative Dimensions of Healing. Guest Speaker, James Finley, PhD, Psychologist and Author
Learn more about the philosophy of the retreats and what you can expect through the following articles: