Mediterranean Kale Salad Recipe
- 1 bunch of kale, torn into small pieces and steamed lightly
- 2 Tablespoons cold pressed (organic if possible) olive or grape seed oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced or chopped kalamata olives
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tear the kale leaves from the stems and fill a pot with steamer basket. It takes about 3-4 minutes. You don't want to overcook the kale.
- Add the steamed kale to a large bowl. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the salad and add the oil. Toss together. Add the chopped tomatoes, chopped olives and crumbled feta cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You can store this salad and eat it throughout the week for lunch.
Total fat: 11g
Saturated fat: 3g