Integrative Medicine: Videos for Your Health
For more information, call (608) 262-WELL (262-9355).
- Horse Stance: Kristi Rietz, OTR, Mindfulness instructor demonstrates a practical T'ai Chi exercise called, "Horse Stance." The exercise is intended to help support your well being by encouraging you to become aware of your body and how it feels.
- Coping with Grief: Katherine Bonus, MA, Mindfulness program manager, discusses the various reasons why we may experience a sense of loss and grief and how we can find a deeper understanding when we are patient and loving with ourselves.
Eating for Your Health
- Kale Salad: Kelly Hora, certified acupuncturist with UW Health's Integrative Medicine program offers a delicious healthy salad recipe that you can enjoy for lunch or as a side dish with dinner. Also included are four variations on the main recipe.
- Ginger Tea: Dr. David Rakel, director of UW Health's Integrative Medicine program, explains a simple treatment for nausea for adults and children.
- Self-hypnosis: Janice Singles, PhD, Health Psychologist dispels myths surrounding hypnosis and guides viewers through a simple exercise to demonstrate the power of visualization.
For Your Health
- Bowel Regularity: Dr. David Rakel, director of UW Health's Integrative Medicine program, explains the importance of routine bowel movements and what you can do to ensure regularity.