University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
Although students are trained to work in every area of patient care and research, the UW School of Medicine and Public Health has chosen seven areas of medicine on which to focus its resources. These include:
- Cardiovascular and respiratory sciences
- Population and community health sciences
- Rural health
- Women's health
The UW School of Medicine and Public Health offers students, educators and researchers access to all of the benefits of a preeminent public research university.
In addition, the UW School of Medicine and Public Health partners with UW Health, which is governed by the UW Hospitals and Clinics Authority. UW Health is the integrated health system of the University of Wisconsin-Madison serving more than 600,000 patients each year in the Upper Midwest and beyond with 1,400 physicians and 16,500 staff at six hospitals and 80 outpatient sites.
- UW Health Mission, Vision and Values
- UW Health Strategic Plan (pdf)
- Visit the UW School of Medicine and Public Health Web Site: www.med.wisc.edu