Privacy Notice (pdf)
For additional information on the UW Health ACO, call Patient Resources at
1-800-552-4255 or email email@example.com
Since the passage of the Affordable Care Act in 2010, the drive toward a more accountable, value-driven health care delivery system is accelerating. At UW Health, we've embraced this as an opportunity to change how we care for our patients and their families to meet the three-part aim of better care, better health and lower costs through improvement.
The aims of health care reform and the strategic goals (pdf) of UW Health are a perfect fit. As one of Wisconsin's first Accountable Care Organizations (ACO), UW Health ACO is a partnership between UW Health physicians, clinics, hospitals and medical school and is designed to better coordinate your care whether you are in the primary care office, seeing a specialist, admitted to the hospital or at home.
Here are some of the ways that changing health care delivery can benefit our patients and families:
- Care providers communicate with each other to provide better coordinated care.
- You are the center of care, and your providers are better able to keep you informed and honor your choices.
- Care providers have more information about your medical conditions, prescriptions, and visits enabling them to provide the right care at the right time in the right setting.
- You will spend less time filling out medical history paperwork because our care providers already have this information in an electronic health record.
- Care providers will be accountable to you and to payers for providing better care and better care coordination.
To help ensure that you always receive the best care possible, UW Health ACO is working to consolidate all the information about your care when possible, even if you've received it outside our system. By accomplishing this, you, your doctors and other care providers can make better decisions about your care when your most up-to-date health information from UW Health and non-UW Health providers is in one place.
We appreciate you choosing UW Health. As a world-class health care organization, we are partnering to improve the way we care for our patients, their families and the people of Wisconsin and beyond.